Local Economy - The Master Recovery Plan by a Leadership with the Right Management Experience
Updated: 5 days ago
Most important issues:
- Winning the fight against the pandemic.
- Affordable housing.
- Combating racism and Racial Discrimination.
- Climate changing towards warmer temperature, more forest fires, floods, water shortage, air pollution,...
- Victims of drug abuse & addiction.
- Poverty and homelessness.
"I AM NOT INDEBTED TO ANY DONOR OR SPECIFIC INTEREST GROUP".
THEREFORE, I WILL WORK AND FIGHT FOR ALL CALGARIANS - EQUALLY.
MY MASTER PLAN BLUEPRINT
As your new mayor:
* Term limits - two terms.* Leadership by example - Salary rollback.
- I have decided to take a 35% role back to demonstrate solidarity with struggling taxpayers.
I will implement a modern management structure that will:
- Give a more active role to community associations.
- This system requires councillors to conduct sufficient town hall meetings and use all available technologies to inform, educate and democratically represent the prevailing wishes of their communities.
- Free up councillors time by reducing the number of committees, or boards that are assigned to them and let the administration do the work, ultimately, report to the council.
Modernizing the function of the city hall through a process of integration among departments to eliminate duplication and generate true efficiency leading to:
- Fast and strong economic recovery.
- Diversifying our economy with green options and improving quality of life for everyone.
- No-layoff at City Hall, (re-training/re-assigning).
- Offering retirement packages to senior managers in some departments and injecting "new blood" from within.
- I will run the city as people who have needs and hopes, not an ATM machine that we are trying to get as much cash from as we can.
- I am bringing to the City Council more than 20 years of management experience, (including people management), as well as consulting experience. I have consulted with large corporations, some have budgets bigger than our city.